Privacy and Website Agreement
This is an Agreement between you (“User”) and www.canadacriminallawyer.ca (“Website”) governing your use of this Website. By using or accessing the Website you agree to the terms and conditions set out herein. No relationship is created between the User and the Website by you using or accessing the Website. The User further:
(1) acknowledges that the information contained on the Website is intended for general informational purposes only and is not to be relied upon;
(2) acknowledges that the information on the Website is not necessarily complete or current/up to date;
(3) acknowledges that the information on the Website does not necessarily apply to the particular legal or other circumstances of the User;
(4) acknowledges that the information on the Website is not intended to be relied upon by the User for any purpose, including but not limited to a legal purpose such as defending criminal charges, and agrees not to rely on the information on the Website;
(5) understands that a lawyer or other legal professional must be consulted with the full particulars of the User’s legal situation in to obtain advice about the User’s specific situation;
(6) acknowledges that the information on the Website is not intended as legal advice;
(7) releases the Website from any and all liability flowing from the use of or reliance on anything contained on the Website;
(8) understands, acknowledges and agrees that the Website, its affiliates, employees, the lawyers named on the Website and/or anyone else may elect not to read, review or otherwise look at any information or material submitted via the Website, email, facsimile or any other means;
(9) agrees to immediately retain and consult a lawyer about any legal matter.
(10) consents and agrees to the terms, including but not limited to the uses of personal and non-personal data, of the Privacy Agreement set out below;
(11) agrees that no lawyer-client relationship is created by using the Website and/or contacting the Website by email, via contact form or other means;
(12) understands that the website is merely a lawyer referral service and is not a law firm;
(13) acknowledges and understands that no lawyer identified on the website or accessed through any telephone number on the Website has any affiliation with any other lawyer identified on the website.
(14) acknowledges and understands that any lawyer that the User speaks to or otherwise contacts through the Website, the telephone numbers on the Website or any contact form on the Website is independent and has no affiliation or any association with the Website. The Website provides online advertising services to lawyers and anecdotal information to Users. The User agrees to release the Website from any liability flowing from contact with a lawyer reached through the Website and, in any event, hold the Website harmless.
The User uses the Website at his own peril and agrees that the Website accepts no liability for the use of the Website. The Website is provided on an “as is” basis “as available” and the material herein may not be accurate or up to date. The Website has no control over content on other websites and has no liability for or responsibility over content found on webpages or internet sites linked to the Website.
By using or accessing the Website the User agrees that all disputes arising from the use of the Website shall be resolved in the Courts of the City of Regina in the Province of Saskatchewan. The Agreement, the Website and any matters flowing from the use of the Website shall be governed by the laws of the Province of Saskatchewan and by using the Website you irrevocably attorn to the exclusive jurisdiction of the Saskatchewan Court of Queen’s Bench or any other Court sitting in the Province of Saskatchewan. The User agrees that any claim or action must be commenced within 5 months after such claim or cause of action arises after which time commencement of any action or claim is barred.
The User agrees to not send confidential or privileged information through the Website or via email. Information sent through the Website by the User is not subject to solicitor-client privilege and no guarantee of confidentiality is made by the Website. The Website is not intended to provide detailed or comprehensive information of any sort, legal or otherwise. The Website is not guaranteed to be secure and the User should use encryption and/or other appropriate precautions.
The Website and all its contents are the property of Nicholas Robinson Law Professional Corporation and are protected by Canadian copyright law. The User is not permitted to copy or otherwise reproduce anything on the Website. The User agrees not to reproduce any material found on the Website.
The User is forever banned from using the Website if there is any breach of this Agreement. The User’s license to use the Website is automatically terminated if the User breaches any part of this Agreement and the User agrees that the Agreement can be modified at anytime without notice or the consent of the User.
The Website only collects Personal Information that Users voluntarily provide through the Website, including contact form submissions and User comments, for the purpose of accessing services proffered by the Website. Any Personal Information collected is kept for the limited purpose of serving the User, analyzing the Website’s performance, research and/other purposes after which time the Personal Information is destroyed. All Users agree that they have the authority to provide any Personal Information that is volunteered by the Users and consent to the use of the Personal Information by the Website.
Personal Information provided by Users will be disclosed to employees, contractors and third parties for the purpose of serving the User, analyzing the Website’s performance, research and/or other purposes. The User consents to the disclosure of Personal Information to 3rd parties for the purpose of serving the User, analyzing the Website’s performance, research and/or other purposes. You may request access to you Personal Information by emailing us.
Users that leave comments on the Website may opt-in to saving their name, email address and the website in cookies. These are for the convenience of Users so that you do not have to fill in your details again when you leave another comment.
If a User has an account and you log in to this site, we will set a temporary cookie to determine if the User’s browser accepts cookies. This cookie contains no Personal Information.
When a User logs in, the Website will also set up several cookies to save their login information and the User’s screen display choices.
Articles on the Website may include embedded content (e.g. videos, images, articles, etc.). Embedded content from other internet sites behave in the exact same way as if the User has visited the other internet site.
The User agrees that comments left on the Website and their metadata are retained indefinitely. This is so the Website can recognize and approve any follow-up comments automatically instead of holding them in a moderation queue.
For Users that register on the Website (if any), we also store the Personal Information they provide in their user profile.
A User can request that we erase any Personal Information we hold about them. This does not include any data the Website is obliged to keep for administrative, legal, or security purposes.
The User agrees to permit his or her data to be checked through a 3rd party automated spam detection service for the purpose of Website security.